With Polymail, you can have your inbox sorted using Gmail Categories (for all Gmail and Google Apps accounts).
When you enable Gmail Categories, your emails get sorted in Polymail (and only in Polymail, so rest assured your Gmail Inbox will remain untouched). Once you have Gmail Categories enabled, you'll see the Gmail Categories "Socials, Promos, and Updates" as lists on your right sidebar. 💌
To enable Gmail categories in our Polymail Web and our Mac app:
- Click on the small carrot in the lower left corner of the app and then on Settings in the menu that appears
- From Settings, click on the Preferences tab on the left. Gmail Categories is the second option from the top. Click the toggle to enable / disable:
To enable Gmail categories in our iOS app:
- Open Polymail and click the menu icon in the top left corner (three horizontal lines) to pull up our menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the menu and click on the gear icon to get to your "Preferences".
- Scroll down to the “General” section and the first option will be "Gmail Categories".
- Enable that preference and Polymail will do the rest!
Now that you have Gmail Categories enabled, you'll see the Gmail Categories "Socials, Promos, and Updates" as lists on your right sidebar.
Note that when you enable Gmail Categories, your inbox will be triggered to re-sync, so it may take a few minutes (depending on the size of your mailbox, for all the messages to be updated).